PM Modi Summarizes Hindutva in just one minute in This Video
“Hindutva” – the term was coined by Vinayak Damodar Savarkar in 1923.
Contrary to the popular perception that Hindutva refers to “Safeguarding of the rights of ONLY those who are Hindus by Religion”, Hindutva stretches way beyond that, symbolizing “justice for all, discrimination for none”. In fact, the most tolerant & all inclusive ways to inculcate an indivisible society can find its roots into the “Hindutva” concept.
- An English word that may somewhat resemble Hindutva is – Hinduness. The dwellers of Indus valley civilization who were later labeled as “Hindus” & their ways of living labeled as “Hinduism”, were tolerant to all faiths. Since, it was the “ways of living” which was termed as “Hinduism”, it can be safely deduced that Hinduness was implicitly inclusive of all modern day religions.
- Hindutva says – “एकं सद्विप्रा बहुधा वदन्ति” which means – “..THAT which exists is One: – sages call it by various names”. The “Rg Ved” – 1st one of all Vedas, the scripture followed by the Hindus clearly states that the ONE soul (Paramatma) who is the sum total of all the souls (Aatma) is THE one true supreme divinity, which manifests in different forms, resides in everyone & everything in the nature. Hindutva lies in understanding this concept & one who understands this, can barely HATE other fellow beings because the Supreme Being resides in them too, irrespective of their differing ways worshiping the same true god.
- Hindutva says – “सेवा परमो धर्मः” which means – Service is the prime duty. Worth noticing here is, the fact that this highly developed society had no corresponding word for RELIGION.
“Dharma” meant “duty” which in no way could divide people. On the other hand, the word RELIGION is more characterised by the name of a community, which is classified based on ways of worshiping or difference of Gods. Moreover, religion was often used as a political tool to mobilize people for conquests in the past & electoral benefits in the present day.
- Hindutva says –
ऊँ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः ।
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु मा कश्चिद् दुःखभाग्भवेत ।।
ऊँ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ।।
Which means –
May all be happy
May all be healthy.
May all enjoy prosperity
May none suffer
OM Peace Peace Peace.
- The abstract noun “Hindutva” represents the ways of living, the rules, the laws, the principles that the the dwellers of Indus river banks followed, postulated in the Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas which created no distinctions between the human beings.
- There’s no mention of any religion like “Hindu” in any of the scriptures mentioned above and hence there were no separate rules for believers & non-believers. Rather they lay down principles of ways of living that apply to all human beings equally & for the welfare of all. As such, how can the term “Hindutva” be remotely close to religious bias?
- Now it’s established with the help of above examples that Hinduness (Hindutva) never distinguished between people on the basis of their ways of worshiping, the gods they worshiped or whether they worshiped at all or not. In short, a true sense of SECULARISM prevailed. In that case, there would never be any discrimination based on RELIGION right? Then how can Hindutva be a “Communal” concept?
We are in a position now to infer the conclusion that those who deem the establishment of “Hindutva” as a COMMUNAL agenda are either:
- Unaware of the meaning of Hindutva & portraying the “Indus valley people” as communal which is nothing but utter ignorance.
- Or intentionally keeping others in the dark which serves their vested interests
- Or monopolizing the concept of SECULARISM to fit their side of the argument (which is – Hindutva only safeguards HINDUS)
So, a person/organization/political party can’t be labeled as COMMUNAL just because he/she/it subscribes to the ideology of “Hindutva”.
But Unfortunately, Hindutva is suffering a great loss at the hands of pseudo secular anti national political parties & ultra-cool colonized mindset of new age Hindus! Read how : Criticize Hinduism & shoot to Fame!